Saturday, October 31, 2009

Burnt tongue question?

My tongue got horribly scalded on some instant rice (I didn't drain it well) and I was looking at it in the mirror and noticed red spots in the area I burned it, one of which was dark red. I thought maybe it was just something on it, so I scrapped at it with my finger nail. Well its blood. I've never had this to happen so I was wondering what I need to do, gargle salt water or such?
Answer:
It will heal on its own
Just let it be, it will heal.
treat it like any burn, suck on some ice to reduce the swelling, gargling with salt wouldnt hurt either , would help aid the healing
probably nothing, the mouth heals fast, and it's always got germs in it, so it regulates that pretty well
Put some Sodium bicarbonate on it.
wow, it sounds like herpes lesions.
I'd probably gurgle salt water. It probably wasnt very smart to scrape your scalded tongue. I also would go to the doctor, since it's bleeding, you could get an infection.
gargle salt water.
keep your fingers out of your mouth.
eat soft foods the next day or 2 and you will heal.
If not healed by monday, call the doctor.

if you have malax, you can put that on it, just a bit.
it will cool it down.
so will milk, take out the burn.

sorry. it must really hurt!

Listerine, or gargle with warm salt water.
Salt water is best for now.
ICE ICE ICE.......... It keeps the blisters from forming. If you have a blender, crush some %26 suck on it letting lay on the tough. You are not ready for salt water yet. Since you used your nail which has so many germs, gargle with peroxide watered down 1/2. Good luck, I know your are in pain
Gargle with salt water and mouth wash (it will sting!) but it will help.
Keep your mouth clean. Gargle a couple times daily with a 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 1 part water mixture. It'll begin to go away within a few days. In the mean time, if it begins to hurt, suck on an ice cube. This will also help to heal the tissues of your tongue.
Injuries to the mouth will heal very quickly due to the large amount of blood flow to the facial area and head, so you won't have too much of a healing period.
Another thing that someone once told me was to put a teaspoon of sugar on your tongue and hold it against the roof of your mouth (with your tongue) until it dissolves. This apparently helps relieve the pain right after a burn. I've never tried it though so not sure if that one works.
Good luck to you!
well if it's blood, it's something to be worried about.. ask professional help.. don't put alternative medicine on that delicate part of your mouth..

No comments:

Post a Comment