Sunday, October 25, 2009

Are You Taller Than Your Parents?

People keep saying that we keep getting taller each generation is it true?
Answer:
While it isn't always true in every family, there has been a trend toward increasing height for several generations. This is due in large part to better nutrition. .. And, yes, I am taller than my parents who were considered taller than average for their generation.
Just alittle bit, about an inche or two.
Yup.
I chalk it up to better nutrition- my parents were kids during the depression. They remember hunger. And we had to clean our plates!
not really ........i am a few inches shorter than both my parents.........i dont know why.....
I'm almost a ft taller then both but my grandfather is pretty tall. Its weird because scientist say that the people in the Middle Ages Europe were generally shorter but then people of Roman times and before were all a little bit taller. I bet its a combination of a bunch of things including nutrition, air quality, changes in gravitational pull, all type to things.
I'm taller than my Mom but not my Dad.
Taller than mom, but shorter than Dad.....same height as Grandpa 6'1"
almost all kids are taller than their parents even Asian people who always used to be small and Mexicans
it is because of the change in food kids get ,.more proteins
yes im 6' tall 230 lb
my father was around 5'9" about 210 lbs
my mother was was around 5'6" and about 175
this was their height and weight when the good Lord called them home.
but i'm told my granfather on my fathers side was around 6'4"
so who knows, it has a lot to do with the combined genes of both sides of your family. my son is 10 yrs old and he is 5 foot tall and weighs around 100lbs so it looks like he's gonna be a lot bigger than I am he is very thick and wide across his shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment