Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bump on sternum/breastplate?

Below my color bone and above my breasts on my sternum there is a hard lump tha feels like it could be part of my bone, but sometimes it will ache and make my right shoulder and arm (to the elbow or further down) hurt very much. Should I be worried?
Answer:
The sternum is a very sensitive area on humans, in fact doctors will often "rub" an unconscious person's sternum to rouse them or get a response. Many people have "bumps" on the sternum because this is an area where cartilage attaches it to the ribs. You may have injured it without knowing, causing inflammation or you may have a "bone spur", either way it could cause significant pain! See your doctor, it is probably something that can be taken care of with an x-ray and some anti-inflammatories and pain medication. Don't worry until you have a reason to. :) Good Luck!
I would highly suggest you went to see your doctor about this. I am not a doctor myself, but i would hazard a guess that this is not good! Have you had a recent injury in that area recently? Did this bump grow over time, or just appear. All these things need to be considered, but anything like that really should be seen to by a professional.
did u try asking ur parents or go to the doctor
Do what catherine says......

No comments:

Post a Comment