Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blood poisoning?

I have had a bad tooth for a few months.Last night my cheeck swelled a little.This morning the whole right side of my face was and is still swollen.Even my right eye lids are swollen.Im running below normal tempatures and high fevers.I went to the doctor today.The doc said it is a infection in my gums.She said my blood pressure is too low,my heart rate is too fast and with my temps being too low to too high that I have toxins in my blood.I was givin a antibiotic shot and percription for antibiotics.Is toxins in the blood stream the same as blood poisoning? I did not ask her because I never thought of the question until tonight.I feel like if I have the flu.Fever(when not below normal)chills,weakness,aches and pains.
Answer:
Blood poisoning is the old word for sepsis, which means an infection that has circulated through the body via the blood. It's a very serious condition. Be sure to take those antibiotics on time and exactly as prescribed. Also be sure you're taking in lots of oral liquids...water, juices, popsicles, soup. That will help raise your blood pressure and replace the fluids your body burns up when you have a fever. If you don't feel better within 48 hours, or if you get worse before that time, go to the ER. Hopefully you have made an appointment with a dentist so you can get that tooth and gums taken care of as soon as you've finished the course of antibiotics.
Infection of any kind can do strange things to the body.

Take heed to her instructions, meds and get the thing taken care of.
As a healthcare provider I would have prescribed exactly what your doctor did, and Barberry's answer is perfect. Follow those two for advice....
Go to the Dentist right away you do have an infection...are you taking any antibiotics? after the antibiotics are in your system the oral surgeon (dentist) will put a small incision above the tooth that is infected to relieve the swelling-you will notice the results right away...but All the symptoms you are feeling are coming from this tooth..go ASAP please...

No comments:

Post a Comment