Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baby with bad cold - any advice?

My 15 month old has a terrible cold, we have tried everything...humidifier, saline nasal drops, nasal suction, going into the bathroom with the steam from the shower running, tylenol (he has a slight fever), holding him upright...he's still so congested. Any suggestions? How often can you do the saline drops? Is a warm or cold mist humidifier better (and why)? Any help you could offer would be great!
Answer:
Oh..I feel for you. I knw how hard it is when you have sick children. I have twins and it's awful when they're sick.
I can tell you're a good parent just because you've posted this and you've tried everything you can to make him feel better...He's okay Mom. I know he's uncomfortable, and I'm sure he feels better just having you there. And he probably sounds worse than he feels.
I wish I could help you but it seems you've done everything right and everything that you can.
I hope he's feeling better soon. Poor wee guy!!! AND poor MOM!!
Good Luck and try to get some rest yourself!! :o)
Have you taken him to the doc. He might have a sinus infection. Does his drainage have a greenish color/ breath smell. I would check it out cause something those infections can seem like a cold. He would need antibiotics. Hope he feels better, poor little guy

No comments:

Post a Comment