Saturday, October 31, 2009

Breast Reduction?

I am just wondering for anyone who has had a reduction how long did it take before you could carry heavy things again?

I am having a Breast Reduction soon but I have just gotten into University and some of my books are so heavy that I'm worried I would not be able to carry them, even with a school bag after my surgery. What sort of things could you lift within a week of your operation?

Also to anyone who has had one do you think that I would be able to go back to Uni after only 1 week? And how long were you not driving your car for?

Thankyou to everyone who answers
Answer:
I had a breast reduction a little over a year ago and it was the best decision that I have ever made. I also had the Le Jour technique (the lollipop cut) I went from a DDD to a Full C/low D bra size. I was up in 2 days but I would advise taking it easy because believe me gravity sucks! I took 2 weeks off from work and since I didnt have the incision under my breasts I was able to drive. You just have to be careful not to move/bounce around too much because the incision is vertical and gravity is constantly working on it. My doctor advised 6 wks before lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk or doing any running or working out. After that time, I went back to wearing underwire bras and resumed all normal activity. I had a GREAT surgeon so my scars are minimal and the results are great.
You should give yourself time to recover physically and mentally because there are serious changes happening to you.
It depends on the size you go from.I went from a 32 ddd to about a 32 c I was not able to move my arms from my side for about a week, but i was starting my senior year about 3 weeks after it and was fine. You have to be real careful though you do not want to pull a stitch. It all depends on how large the incision is though too.

And remeber that it is a big change, i know i was uber excited because clothing fot me better. So look forward to the positive changes.


EDIT: My scars are really not that bad, the only ones that you can see still are under my breast and they are not even that bad. And if you start as early as you can with cocoa butter and vitamin e it will help loads. And really good luck, i have been there and i could not be happier, well i could be if i had them reduced again but that is another story....
Why would anyone make their breasts smaller? I'll gladly hold on to your big boobs for you!
y would u WANT breast reduction.......... unless your breats are grossly humugous......... if theyre smaller than a D dont do it.... if they are bigger than a D get them down to a D...... D is the perfect size XD
Hi, I would advise not to have this barbaric surgery!! I've seen the scars and disfigurement that it causes. Please reconsider!!!
I can understand the need to get right back into school. But, everyone is different. This is a pretty invasive procedure. You can go either way on mobility just depending on how your body reacts. Whatever you do, listen to your dr %26 restrict movements. Ask friends to help you carry things for the first week back %26 then use a rolling suitcase or postpone your surgery till summer break when you will have more time to recover. Trust me when I say that if you are not careful, even if you feel good, you might unknowingly harm something that won't heal correctly.
can you send me some hot before and after pictures? well... I've never had a breast reduction, but after i got my penis resized i could drive within 12 hours.
no don't do it
please
You shouldn't be lifting any really heavy object for at least two weeks. I also could not drive for a week.

Like some said, scars are not that bad. I had my surgery in Feb '06 and my scars are 95% gone. You have to really look to see them. I used scarguard and mederma.

A site that helped me a lot for my surgery is http://www.breasthealthonline.com...

I was a 38J and now am a 38C and love it.

Congrats on your surgery!
If you are considering decreasing the size of your breasts, there are a few things that you should take note of, before and after the breast reduction surgery. A breast reduction is usually considered a more serious surgical procedure than a simple augmentation with an implant and will usually require an overnight stay in the hospital. However, with the restrictions now being placed on hospitals by insurance companies, patients receiving reductions are quite often discharged the same day as surgery.

As with an augmentation, it is very important that you prepare your body for the surgery by getting good sleep and nutrition in the week prior to your procedure. If you are a smoker, you should be at least be prepared not to smoke for at least three weeks prior to and following your surgery. Women taking any kind of immunosuppressive medications, have difficulty with healing, or have any current infections should delay or cancel their breast reduction surgery until these matters can be resolved. And finally, as with a breast augmentation, it is important to arrange your life prior to your surgery so that you will have time to properly recover without the responsibilities of childcare, work, or meal preparation.

If you wish to know more on the preparations for a breast reduction surgery, you can read more on the article at http://cosmetic-surgery.my-fashion-house...

No comments:

Post a Comment