Sunday, October 25, 2009

ATTN: SMOKERS! Conducting a poll for research paper-Would love the feedback?

I am writing a research paper for college concerning the effects of a national smoking ban. I would love feedback from you all on these following questions. Thank You so much!

1. How much do you smoke per day?

2. How much do you spend per day/week?

3. If you live in a state that imposes the Clean Indoor Air Act, did this deter you from smoking? (Did you cut down or quit?)

4. With each rise in cigarette excise tax, does this increase deter you from smoking? (Did you cut down, or quit?)

5. Do you want to quit? If so...

6. What methods have you used to help you quit, and were they effective?

(I may be posting this question several times to get a good number of participants. Please post only once. Again, Thank You!)
Answer:
1. half a pack daily (about ten)
2. 1.50 every two days/ 5.25 weekly
3.I don't live in one of these states, but I am the type of smoker who would rather not interfere with the health of non-smokers by smoking in a close vicinity to them.
4. No I have always smoked around ten cigs a day. I am going to eat even though the prices of food keeps increasing.
5.I am very seriously thinking of quitting; I have even had my physician to prescribe me the new med made by Pfizer: Chantix. I have not started yet because I have not set my quit date as of yet ( the quit date is essential for the meds to preform the best.
6.I have not used any methods yet. I have only recently decided that I want to stop smoking.

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP WITH YOUR RESEARCH PAPER.
MAKE AN "A".
1. I used to smoke about a pack (20) per day.
2. About $30.00 a week.
3. No.
4. No.
5. Not anymore.
6. Desire to live a healthy life %26 save money. Very effective.

Don't post more than once, or someone will slap you with a violation...
http://answers.yahoo.com/info/community_...
NO REPEATED POSTINGS: You may not post similar or identical postings. This also applies if you are including the same commercial URL on all of your postings for the purpose of directing commercial activity to a non-Yahoo! site. Multiple identical postings, even if legitimate, may be considered spam.
1. one pack per day, 2. $35/week 3. no 4.no 5. no 6.haven't tried to quit.
1 to 1 1/2 packs a day

40 US dollars

Before moving to Texas I lived in New York I lived there about a year after the clean air act was passed It really didn't change much, people still smoked in bars as long as no smoking signs were posted so the owner of the bar couldn't be fined and I'd just go smoke in my car on lunch breaks

No

Yes I would love to quit but it's much easier to find a few bucks for a pack then come up with 75 to buy the patch

When I was pregnant I caught the flu and then bronchitis I was able to quit for two months I also cut back to less then half a pack a day by my second month while I was pregnant
1. maybe 4 a day
2.mabye $ 5.00
3. No I didnt.. I just go outside
4. I did cut down yes
5. Yes I would like to not smoke anymore.
6. I just tried to quit cold turkey.. and yes it did kind of work, I only really smoke when I have a glass of wine and that is not everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment