Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Can a take 2 Lexapro pills that are 10mg?

i take one aday. if i took 2 would it be bad?
would it be bad if i took 2?
Answer:
Yes, anti-depresssants are not something to mess with. There is a reason that your doc prescribed the dosage he/she did. If you are not feeling any releif call your doctor before making any changes to the dosage. Sometimes it takes times for the medicine to become effective. I have been on it before, you body needs time to adjust.
only if your doctor says it is okay.
no but you could have side effects from it ask your doc
If your doctor prescribed 10mg per dose...then take only 10mg......increasing the dosage of this particular med may not give you the result you think it will (i.e.:more mg..feel even better)...Lexapro does not work that way....it is a maintainance drug , not an accute drug.Go to "the MedlinePlus" web site and put in the key word Lexapro and read the details........
If you did it already then you will probably be fine. If your doc has only prescribed taking one per day, then do not take 2. If you do it more than once or twice, then it is going to start to have a deteriorating effect on your body. Some doctors do not even prescribe the entire pill per dose, they have some people cut it in half.

Be careful because taking too much can leave a permanant effect on your body and your mind. If can become impossible to come off of it and taking too much has been known to have a bipolar like effect.

If the 10mg dose of Lexapro is not working talk to your doc about using something else. Keep in mind though it can take as long as 6 weeks for the effects to kick in and start helping you. Hang in there.
Im taking Lexapro too. I went with my neurologist yesterday and he told me that is not a good idea to change a lexapro, Im going to take mg for another 8 months, so dont move our dossage, but if you are not feeling ok with the dossage you are rigth now talk to your doctor.
You probably will not drop dead if that's what you mean but I started out on 10mg and was only raised to 20mg after about 5 weeks because the 10 wasn't doing much of anything. It took another week or two of taking the new dose for me to feel any effect and I did start to feel better. I see my psychiatrist every 2 weeks so she can monitor how I feel. I've been feeling horrible again the past 2 weeks and I'm seeing her again on Wednesday. I'm praying she'll raise the dose again but it's possible she may want to switch me to something else. SO, yes it's bad and basically pointless if you take 2. You'd have to continue taking two a day for at least week or month before you felt any different anyway. You are not supposed to mess with your dosages without talking to a doctor about it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment