Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cactus conundrum.?

As part of my attempts to get my full "5 a day" quota I have been taking bites from the catcus in my living room. The problem is that it makes my mouth hurt. The more cactus I eat the more my oral orifice suffers, sometimes resulting in bleeding. Does anyone have any hints as to serving suggestions?
Answer:
May i suggest that you purchase cacti from the Aeonium genus as these do not have the irritating spines that are painful to eat!
Try some delicious raw broccoli instead.
Boil it first and use ambesol on your mouth.
Goes down good with Pacifico and tequilla shooters.
I would advise taking off any spines, this is propably why it's hurting you.

You're probably doing ok eating it raw, they go quite stringy if you cook them.

once you get through the one you have, you should consider purchasing an agave, they produce Tequilla
Hmmmm, I would suggest leaving your cactus alone, and purchasing some fruit and veg from your local store, and trying that instead...?

You will find the taste much more appealing and find that few fruits will damage your mouth...
I think the five a day quota refers to fruit and veg,but discludes cactus, I think that's where your going wrong. try grapes instead of cactus.
i see you are new to this site, while i welcome educated banter, i will give you a word of warning, if you continue to with your unprovoked attack on MANCHESTER UNITED i will have no option than release the dogs.

when answering a question at least include the answer with some substance, otherwise your rant is only point-gaming.

finally only an idiot would attempt to eat cactus with the pine needles still in. you should remove them, slice it and try frying in olive oil, very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment